Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pitched Too High

My house needs some roof repairs - there are 2 missing vents and a couple missing asphalt shingles near them. The North side needs moss removing too. I've done that kind of work. It's only one story up. The pitch isn't very steep. Last night when the house closed, I was all ready with all the tools and supplies I needed to get up on the roof and fix it. It was raining on and off yesterday, so I got up there and it was a little wet (hence slippery) and just a little steeper than the roofs I'd been comfortable on. I pretty much immediately realized that I wasn't going to be fixing that roof without a lot more equipment and that it would probably be cheaper to just hire someone. So I have someone coming first thing Monday to fix it - in the meantime, I still have 2 holes in my roof!

I'm still going to do the moss removal myself. I got a spray on pet safe moss removal product that can be done from 30' away, so I won't actually have to get on the roof. It, however, requires a rain-free day, but whenever summer gets here, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment